Monday, May 6, 2019

When Venus, Jupiter, and Saturn wave at me

- Pravda

It was a beautiful without sun morning. My alarm exactly rang at 3:40 AM. I woke up and I was very excited about seeing Venus, Jupiter, and Saturn from a telescope. Vishnubhai Patel - a science teacher at Kumar Vinay Mandir, Gujarat Vidyapith was giving us a chance to view the three beautiful planets. Vishnubhai is my papa's friend.

Pravda with Vishnubhai Patel
Photograph : Dr. Ashwinkumar / છબી : ડૉ. અશ્વિનકુમાર
     
I woke up, had a bath and headed to Gujarat Vidyapith with papa. Papa also showed lots of enthusiasm and curiosity in the sky watching programme. We reached at Vidyapith at 4:45 AM. Vishnubhai was showing the planets in the play ground of a school campus at Gujarat Vidyapith.

The first planet I saw with the help of a telescope was Jupiter. Fortunately we could see Jupiter’s Planet. I could see Jupiter’s 3 beautiful Galilean moons out of the 4 that exist. When I placed my eye at the eyepiece of the telescope I was gobsmacked. The planet was bright and beautiful. One thing I noted after seeing the planet multiple times in the telescope was that the planet along with earth is moving. So according to whichever planet you are viewing after a period of time you have to move the telescope itself.


Photograph : Dr. Ashwinkumar / છબી : ડૉ. અશ્વિનકુમાર

The second planet we viewed was 'the ringed planet'. You may have guessed that I am talking about Saturn. Undoubtedly it was spectacular, when I viewed the planet the rings of it were looking like handles around the planet. I viewed Saturn almost 7 times because how many ever times I looked at it I was not getting satisfaction.


Photograph : Dr. Ashwinkumar / છબી : ડૉ. અશ્વિનકુમાર

The without sun morning was slowly becoming the with sun morning, some light slowly made its way to earth. But with this Venus rose in the sky. We all could now view the planet named after the Roman goddess of love and beauty obviously. I am talking about Venus. Venus looked awesome, when I viewed it from the telescope and it was moving a little bit so Venus was looking like an earthworm in the sky.


Photograph : Dr. Ashwinkumar / છબી : ડૉ. અશ્વિનકુમાર

Photograph : Dr. Ashwinkumar / છબી : ડૉ. અશ્વિનકુમાર

It was a wonderful experience to see Venus, Jupiter, and Saturn with a telescope. This day of my vacation was meaningful.

No comments:

Post a Comment